I often need to pipe commands into the clipboard. E.g when I type “pwd” to get the present working directory, I would normally select the line and then copy it into my clipboard.
After a while this became tedious so I wrote a script to make life easier. I created a bash script called “toclip”…
I often find myself having to create a screenshot and upload it somewhere so that I can paste it on irc/(mail without adding weight to email)/bugzilla etc.
Eventually I solved the problem by writing a script that:
- Creates a screenshot of an area (gnome-screenshot)
- Saves it to your picture folder
- adds/commits/pushes to your git hub
- copies path to your clipboard
- opens chrome to verify that screenshot uploaded successfully.